morgueFile

A Morgue File is essentially what it may sound like. Originally; old files, newspaper clippings and the likes that criminal investigators had subsequently put away and stored for later reference were called Morgue Files.

Now designers, comic book artists, photographers, and anyone else trying to remain vaguely hip - in a society that really couldn't care less about what you do; short of setting yourself on fire while at a taping of The View as some old broad makes a spectacle of herself, just to numb the crippling agony of having to endure another minute - use it in their minimalistic vocabulary trying to confuse the perceived feeble minds around them. *breathes* That's been boiling for a while. 

I mean, you get the idea. Morgue Files. Yeah, those things. The clever folks I had admired for a few years at morgueFile.com have hosted a web site free for users to do just that with their high resolution images and creations. There are various free stock photography  web sites but this one has always held a certain je ne sais quoi, (it sounds more swanky en français) in my eyes. It's a great resource for fresh imagery and inspiration.

So with that; I give you my morgueFile

Images I really don't want to use up excess gigs but don't want to lose, either. And also, ones I don't mind sharing or having others use for their own purposes. 
If you benefit from any kind of stock images and haven't visited them before, I suggest you do. You're here, it couldn't be any worse. That's a guarantee.  

0 comments:

Post a Comment